If Lustrous Henna® is a 100% All-Natural Plant-based Hair Color -then what is “BLACK HENNA”?*
About the misnomer: “Black Henna”:
- "Black Henna" is not pure indigo or "black" indigo. Pure indigo is a green plant (Indigofera tinctoria) and the green leaves are dried, crushed and powdered. When used properly with pure henna, it will turn hair to a black color. However, if it is mixed with chemicals dyes, or even henna that has been compromised by chemicals, including PPD, then it is not pure indigo or the so-called, "black henna".
- “Black Henna is not pure, nor is it pure henna. Pure henna is a green plant (Lawsonia inermis) and the green leaves are dried, crushed and powdered. When used alone it will turn the hair an orange-red color. If it is properly used with pure indigo, the hair will dye to black. If it is mixed with a very toxic chemical called, para-phenylenediamine (PPD), “coal tar”.
- PPD is known to cause severe skin allergies such as: Permanent scarring, marked redness and swelling of scalp, face and eyes, eyelids may completely shut, allergic contact dermatitis may spread throughout body.
- Severe PPD allergy can also result in contact urticaria and anaphylaxis on rare occasions. See: NZ Dermatological Society report and photos.
- PPD*: “This compound is used in almost every hair dye on the market, regardless of brand. The darker the colour, usually, the higher the concentrations. Some of the so-called "natural" and "herbal" hair colours, while ammonia-free, contain PPD. Some products sold as henna also contain PPD added, particularly so-called "black henna." In many cases, PPD causes allergic reaction, and can cause scarring in some people. PPD should never be applied directly to the skin in its pure form or mixed with anything else.”
Get to know the facts and keep safely away from harmful chemical and synthetic hair color dyes.
Learn more about Para-Phenylenediamine (PPD) dangers
Dear Saba Botanical,
I have been using regular hair dyes containing PPD for years and never had a problem, then all of a sudden I had a severe allergic reaction. I had spent several months recovering from this in and out of hospitals, on steroids, antibiotics and IV medications. As a result from this reaction I have lost most of my beautiful black thick hair due to scar tissue left behind.
After months of my awful ordeal, being a middle aged women I began to see gray hair but knew I could never ever use hair dye again and wasn't sure what to do. I ended up trying every kind of hair dye I could find not containing PPD. Unfortunately, nothing was covering my grays but instead always grabbing a light red tint on my black hair.
Hallelujah! I was just about to give up after trying so many different products on- line and I found your web site containing Lustrous Henna hair color. I only ordered one pack at the time not with high expectations but tried it out and it worked! My grays were covered and my black hair thicker and had a beautiful shine to it.
To all the women and men allergic to hair dye and want a all natural healthy product for your hair - Looking for a solution, Please Trust Me, Lustrous Henna Rocks!
Want to view our website? Go to: www.SabaBotanical.com
Author: L.J. O'Neal, writer and researcher.
L.J. is also a Lustrous Henna® user.
Lustrous Henna®. 100% Botanical Mix. Quick Application.
All natural beauty in all natural hair color dye shades:
Amla Fruit Powder. Shikakai Powder. Soapnut (Reetha Fruit Powder.
Imbue® Natural Shampoo & Conditioner. So Natural® Nurturing Shampoo & Moisturizing Gloss Conditioner.
Lustrous Henna® Shampoo Powder.
Go to: www.SabaBotanical.com and order today. Fast Ship
Go to our FAN page "Lustrous Henna on Facebook". (Become a fan).